Well, the Kickstarter ended just after breakfast this morning, and 545 backers have funded all 12 stretch goals.
Maximum thanks to all the backers 🙂
This is what the campaign has achieved:
- Stretch goals 1-3 More art and enhanced graphic design for the main rulebook.
- Stretch Goal 4 The Whispering Warrior Quickstart Rules/Adventure.
- Stretch Goal 5 An OpenQuest OGL SRD that will be on openquestrpg.com.
- Stretch Goal 6 The Saga of the Savage North, an adventure/setting book.
- Stretch Goal 7 The Clockwork Palace, an adventure/setting book.
- Stretch Goal 8 The OpenQuest Companion, a compendium of alternate rules and guidance.
- Stretch Goal 9 OpenQuest Dungeons, a collection of adventures, with a mini-setting, and rules guidance.
- Stretch Goal 10 Support for a Virtual Table Top.
- Stretch Goal 11 The Four Emperors Preview Adventure.
- Stretch Goal 12 OpenQuest Patrons choose OpenQuest Next (the next OQ powered project) everyone gets 1st draft in pdf.
- As a thank you to the generosity of the backers and the Master of Ducks (a unique special high tier reward that has been claimed), The Book of Ducks, a culture book including character options, culture details, a mini-setting and an adventure.
- There is a new reward for OQ Patrons and add-on for all other backers, called The Book of Patrons (a working title) a collection of 25 NPC + rules for patronage.
The main rulebook is due to be released early in 2021, with the rest of the stretch goals being delivered throughout 2021.
You can follow the progress of the main book and the various stretch goals at openquestrpg.com
That’s cool. I’m glad this is actually seeing the light of day. Especially the VTT part of the announcement.
One thing I’ve been wondering about is backwards compatibility.
It’s largely backwards compatible with the previous edition. Here’s a changelog which explains what has changed.