Be a wild Barbarian, a deadly Fighter, a soul-torn Sorcerer or a sword sharp canny Thief, fighting evil tyrants and foul demons in a world rapidly dying and heading towards its final nemesis.
Crypts and Things (C&T) is a Swords and Sorcery Roleplaying game based upon the Old School Rules of the 70s/80s. It also draws upon the British fantasy games and game-books of that period to bring a distinctly dark and dangerous feel to the game.
It was originally released back in early 2012 and after a highly successful Kickstarter in 2015 it returns in a Remastered edition, with revised and expanded content and completely new art by David M. Wright.
Preview of the book
Read the first 13 pages of the book
- Introduction : An over view of the book.
The Scrolls of Wonder
The Player’s section of the game, which explains how to create and play the character who will be the player’s alter ego in the game.
- Creating a Character: Guidelines for creating the player’s fictional alter-ego in the game.
- Character Classes: Nine character archetypes for players to choose from. Four Core (Barbarian, Fighter, Sorcerer, Thief) and five exotic (Beast Hybrid, Disciple, Elementalist, Lizard People and Serpent Man).
- Life Events: Quick background events tables which briefly detail the character’s origin and what they did before adventuring.
- Spell Lists: Black, Grey and White Magic, plus Elemental Magic.
- How to Play: The game’s simple and straightforward rules.
- The Continent of Terror: A brief overview of the game’s included setting.
- What the Elder Told Me: Each of the eight human cultures of the setting detailed in ten questions and answers from a young adult to a respected elder about their worldview.
The Book of Doom
This is the referee’s section of the book.
- Secrets of the Continent of Terror: A deeper view of the setting for referee’s, with adventure seeds and encounter tables.
- The Greater Others and their Works: Three of the terrifying Greater Others and their followers detailed for use in play.
- Snake Dance: A closer look at the society of the insidious Serpent Men.
- Scourges of the Dying World: Five evil nemeses to thwart and oppose the player characters.
- Ill Gotten Gains of Dark Desire: Treasure and perilous magic items.
- A Compendium of Fiends: Dark and deadly monsters to populate your adventures with.
- The Halls of Nizar-Thun: An introductory underground adventure.
- The Haunted Lands: An introductory wilderness adventure.
- Port Black Mire: A fearsome city detailed for urban adventures.
- Notes from the Abyss: A compilation of articles and resources to aid the referee.