A complete and easy to play Fantasy Roleplaying game, with monsters, magic and exotic locales. OpenQuest uses the classic D100 rules mechanic, which uses percentages to express the chance of success or failure.
- OpenQuest2 preview – PDF
Now in its second edition, in full colour with 80 new pages of content. The Deluxe version of the game aims to be a self contained game with rules and advice on how to run a full campaign where the adventurers progress from their poor and ill experienced beginnings to the lofty heights of Godhood!
Open Quest is based on the Mongoose RuneQuest SRD (MRQ SRD), with ideas from previous editions of Chaosium’s RuneQuest and Stormbringer 5th, mixed in with some common sense house rulings from the author’s twenty years of experience with the D100 system.
OpenQuest is currently available in the following formats
- OpenQuest 2 Deluxe the full game at 262 pages available in Hardcover, Softcover and pdf format.
- OpenQuest Basics, a striped down low art version of the game which has the core essientials of the system in a 6″ x 9″ low cost book or Free pdf.
Later in 2014 the game will be available as
- OpenQuest Developers Kit. A free text only version of the game. A System Resource Document for third party publishers.
- OpenQuest Online SRD. A html version of the Dev Kit hosted here.
- Visit our OpenQuest Developers page.
- OpenQuest 2 – Deluxe – now available.
- OpenQuest 2 Basic – now available.
- Crucible of the Dragons – An Adventure/Setting book by Simon Bray/Paul Mitchener. Hoplites battle Dragonmen, in setting combining the best of heroic and horror traditions.
- Savage North : The Director’s Cut – An updated version of our Swords and Sorcery setting with four adventures.
- Life and Death 2nd Edition - An updated version of this epic post-apocalyptic fantasy setting with three adventures.
- OpenQuest Adventures – A collection of adventures and articles showcasing the adaptability of OpenQuest as a fantasy game.
OpenQuest and its derived games has a forum dedicated to it over at Basic Roleplaying central.
Powered by OpenQuest
These are games that are based off the OQ system, but in different genres to OQ’s fantasy.
- The Company - D101′s Modern Warfare game (April 2012)
- River of Heaven – D101′s upcoming Hard-sci fi game.(eta 2014)
Games/Books powered by OpenQuest by other publishers
- Age of Shadow by Crooked Staff productions. A fantasy game set in a world where Elves, Dwarves, and Men fight against a Enemy of Darkness.
- Alamander – a self-contained fantasy game in French based off OpenQuest.
- Clockwork & Chivalry 2nd Edition (Cakebread & Walton) – A fantastical version of the English Civil War, where Alchemical Cavaliers fight Clockwork Roundheads.
- OpenQuest in French - Translated by a team over at Le Scriptorium.
- Renaissance (Cakebread & Walton) – the underlying system of Clockwork & Chivalry released under the OGL.